Gallery

Monday, February 21, 2011

SIDESTEP CARDS


I made five cards for a birthday party.  I had the base of the cards made and most of the cricut embellishments cut.  I was planning on assembling the cards between my sons soccer games.  Unfortunately he was kicked in the shin and we spent most of the afternoon in the ER. Today the doctor called and wanted to re xray, the radiologist saw something on his ankle.  We are pretty sure he has a fractured ankle and go to see an orthopedic tomorrow.  Since I ran out of time one of the cards is made out of stickers.  Here are the sidestep cards. I made another one with snowboards and mountains but forgot to take a picture of it.  Tomorrow I will post an easel snowboarding card. 
MATERIALS
DCWV Black damask stiped paper -(Black Currant paper stack)
pink,black , white,red,  green cardstock(recollections-Michaels)
pink gems-Recollections-Michaels
Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge
Cuttlebug with Divine swirls folder
Recollection dimensional stickers-bees and lady bugs
K and Co butterfly and flower stickers and pink border
Butterfly scatter butterfly-Michaels
Martha Stewart scoreboard
DIRECTION(for bottom card, I made one each direction the first one I made upsidedown )
Cut black striped card stock to 6X12"
line 6" edge up on score pad find groove that is 2" over, cut from 3" to 11"
turn so card is horizontal on score pad, score from outside edge to cut line at 1",2",4".  At  6" score all the way across center of card.  Then to cut line at 9".  fold at score lines
Decorate the sides and folds.
Hello Kitty embellishments are cut at 2" I embossed the flower using Cuttlebug with Divine Swirls Folder
The butterfly and flower card is all stickers except for the flower stem that is DCWV glitter paper
If these directions are confusing refer to my november post"Two posts in one day-holiday card version 2"  The directions are clearer and have a diagram.  Sorry I wanted to get this out before I crash.

1 comment:

  1. I love your cards! I have yet to try this card design...maybe next card I make :)
    Hope everything is alright with you son!
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete