I am so frustrated. I had just completed 75% of this post when I accidentally deleted it. Scrappy Moms is having a challenge using "Sweethearts" cartridge, which I don't have. So I am using "Hello Kitty Greetings" and "Tags, Bags, Boxes &More." I made a treat bag to put MAC cosmetics in with a matching card for my daughter who lives in Tempe, AZ. I will be making a similar project for my daughter who lives in Fullerton, CA. http://scrappymoms-stamps.blogspot.com.
papers-"Black Currant" 12"X12" DCWV cardstock, "Immortal Love"DCWV matstack, Pink glitter paper DCWV , Colorbok solid textured paper light pink, dark pink, and black
Pens-Martha Stewart opaque and glitter pens, Sharpie fine line black.
Embellishments-pom-pom ribbon Michaels, Glitter flower-Jolees,
Cuttlebug with rose embossing folder part of "once Upon A Princess companion set.
Cricut "Hello Kitty Greetings" and "Tags, bags, Boxes & More"
Adhesives-ATG gun, 3M dimensional tape
DIRECTIONS FOR CARD
1. make easel card with 6 X 12" piece of black patterned cardstock. Score at 3.5" and 6.4" The long portion is the base of the card. attatch a 2"X6" piece of embossed pink cardstock with dimensional tape to lower posrtion of long end(about .25" from edge) This portion supports the front of the card. Adhere black paisley 5.5X6.5" cardstock (Immortal Love) to the backside of the other end. Now the easel card is completed. Make sure you only put tape on the lower end of the front of the card. Now cut a 5"X6" piece of pink embosed paper, center on front of card
2. Cut heart on pg51. of "Hello Kitty" at three inches. base-light pink, silhouette-black, inside wings-pink glitter. Adhere layers together. Cut character pg. 50 at 2". I used markers to color her in. Use dimensional tape to attatch heart to front of card then attach kitty to heart.
3. Cut thinking of you pg 53 at 1.5" I used black for the shadow, glitter pink for blackout and darker pink for clothes function. glue two pinks together, the use dimensional tape to adhere black shadow. Adhere to base of card.
1. Using black textured paper cut bag pg 58 at 6" (use blackout feature) Emboss front of bag with cuttlebug rose folder. Assemble bag with tape.
2. Make flower by cutting out embossed flower on pink paper in "Black Currant" book. I cut one big flower and one little one then adhered them together with dimensional tape. I attached a black flower gem in the center. Use dimensional tape to stick flower to center of bag.
4.Embellish handle using ATG gun and pop-pom ribbon