Gallery

Thursday, March 9, 2017

"HELLO" DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #200

Today begins the 200th Thankful Thursday Challenge and the theme is Flowers.  Of course you can always substitute a Thank You Card.  I love seeing what you create for these challenges.  You are all so inspirational.  Congrats to Diana for hosting 200 challenges.(At least, that doesn't include the Linky Challenges).  Diana has so many beautiful Bundles in her shop.  Check it out HERE.  For this challenge  I chose  Gold and Crown Gold from the GOLD BUNDLE.  I also used a pretty green button from the VINTAGE BUTTON collection.  Diana offers my readers a 10% discount just use the code k34510 at check out.
Daffodils are my favorite flower.  My dad always grows them in the yard and they usually bloom on my birthday.  For my 18th birthday (So long ago) he watercolored a beautiful vase of daffodils.  I began by searching Cricut Design Space for the perfect flower.  I found this one on Spring Cottage.  I cut the image out of Colorbok paper.   Then I distressed the edges with Distress Inks.  I scored some line on the leaves.  I wanted an abstract sky and grass.  The blue is a flocked paper by Anna Griffin.  The patterned green paper and the "hello" die are also Anna Griffin.  I adhered a band of Crown Gold between the sky and grass.  I tied a gold bow and attached a pretty green button to the center of it.  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Katie, I love daffodils they are so pretty. I hope to see the painting your father did someday.
    Thank you for your inspiration Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Those daffodils are beautiful! Your card makes me smile! Love the papers you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Katie!! The daffodils are beautiful!! Ours are blooming now!! I love your abstract sky and grass!! I, too, would love to see the painting your Dad made for you!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils are beautiful!!Gorgeous card!! I love sunflowers.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I love bright yellow flowers too.

    ReplyDelete