Gallery

Thursday, April 13, 2017

DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #202-"APRIL SHOWERS"

Hello, there has been a lot of rain around and Diana has the perfect challenge-"April Showers."  The new Challenge over at http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/ is April Showers.  Show us your project that features rain, umbrellas, puddles, faucet, tubs etc.  I immediately thought of a Baby shower card.  My friends daughter is expecting a little boy any day now.  I decided to make a shaker card-I thought the falling sequins looked like rain.  For this project I used Baby Blue from the baby bundle.  I also used blue and brown Basic Twine which I anchored with a beautiful gold floral button from the Elegant Button Collection..  Diana gives my readers a 10% discount just use the code K34510 at check out.
This project was quite a challenge-first attached the image upside down.  Then I tried to use tinsel inside the shaker and it stuck to the clear plastic.  I almost gave up.  I began by stamping the Joy Clair image on watercolor paper.  I paper pieced the umbrella, using Echo Park papers.  I watercolored the rest of cute picture.  I cut the frame for the shaker out of designer paper by Paper Studio, then 2 layers of fun foam.  I used My Creative Time Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Circle dies.  Then I mounted the shaker piece onto a piece of Echo Park Paper.  I added some pretty Baby Blue ribbon and bow made from brown and blue Basic Twine.
Hop on over to DL.ART for inspiration.  Of course you can always substitute a Thank You card.  I can not wait to see your projects.

5 comments:

  1. This came out wonderful, I love the shaker idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and adorable, Katie!! The shaker is fabulous!! I love that adorable baby!! The papers are beautiful, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shaker card! The papers are perfect with that adorable image! Great new baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet!! I love the adorable image and darling colors. I love the shaker part too.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete